These fresh, simple and quick vegan summer rolls are an amazing snack or a starter that will make your body and mind as colourful as the rolls.
I am such a sucker for quick and easy meals. Especially the ones you can take with you on the go but also that look pretty. These tasty, colourful, vegan summer rolls are so pretty that if you want to pair them with some summery skirt or top, it will fit perfectly. Okay, as you can tell I am obsessed with this recipe so much that I literally compared it to a fashion item. 😛
Another reason to make the summer rolls is their nutritious and versatile profile.
Use any fruit or veggies you wish and just roll ’em in.
My vegan summer rolls are made of:
- vermicelli noodles
- baby spinach
- red bell pepper
- red cabbage
- pomegranate seeds
But feel free to add tofu, mango, peaches, nectarines or whatever you have on hand at the moment.
As always, I will pick out one ingredient and share nutrition facts with you.
Spinach is a very nutritious leafy green food with so many goodies. From vitamin C, vitamin K to Iron, Folic acid, Manganese, Magnesium and Vitamins B2, B6 and B1.
Nutritional value (100g):
- Calories: 24 cal
- Protein: 2.9g
- Carbs: 1.3g
- Fat: 0.2
We all know the story about Popeye and his strength coming from eating spinach. Well, what a true story that is. Spinach restores energy, increases vitality, and improves the quality of blood. It’s due to high iron levels (twice as much as most other greens).
You are probably wondering how to incorporate spinach into your diet. It’s simple, use it in everything. From smoothies to curries, sauces, salads, wraps. The possibilities are endless. And also due to its mild taste and shrinking ability, it’s easy to disguise it using other food.
Vegan Summer Rolls with Peanut SauceCourse: AppetizersCuisine: VietnameseDifficulty: Beginner
It’s completely up to your preference how many rolls you wish to make so I will share ingredients in general as you might want all six rolls with spinach or just one. 🙂
Rice paper wrappers (6 or more)
Vermicelli rice noodles
Red bell pepper (julienned)
Red cabbage (jullined)
- Peanut sauce
2 tbsp peanut sauce
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp agave syrup
3 tbsp water
1 mashed garlic clove
1 tsp mashed ginger (1cm ginger)
- To a medium pot add the noodles and cover them with boiling water. Let the noodles soak until they’re tender, about 5 minutes. Drain them and transfer to a bowl.
- Add warm water to a big round pot and slide 1 sheet of rice paper. Add enough water to cover the wrapper. Soak the paper for a couple of seconds until slightly softened but still firm enough. (about 10-15 sec) Once soften transfer to your working surface.
- Start assembling your roll. No matter the order. You can start with noodles, followed by spinach, cucumber, carrots, and avocado. Or start with carrots, add noodles, tofu, pomegranates and cabbage. Just make sure not to overstuff it.
- Gently fold the bottom side to the middle, then the sides and finally fold and tightly roll it to the top to stick everything together.
- Repeat the process for all the rolls.
- Peanut sauce*
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Dip the rolls in the sauce and enjoy!
- *In case you have a nut allergy or simply don’t like the peanut sauce, feel free to dip the rolls in soya sauce.
You might also like:
- Vegan Asparagus and Tomato Pasta – 10-minute meals
- Vegan Loaded Fries – Nacho style
- Sticky Sesame Cauliflower – Vegan Cauliflower wings
- Vegan No-Beef Mushroom Stew Recipe
- Vegan Chocolate Protein Pancakes Recipe
PIN ME FOR LATER
What veggies and fruit are you going to add to your summer rolls?