Vegan Blueberry pancakes that will make you jump out of your bed and share with your loved ones. Healthy, Easy and Nutritious.
Today I’m sharing with you this heavenly recipe for vegan blueberry pancakes.
As a BONUS I’ll share how to make fried bananas as well. Ahh, what a time to be alive.
As much as I love pancakes, I love toppings more. So I decided to spice things up a bit and add fried bananas, raspberry chia jam and obviously some kind of syrup because who likes dry pancakes, right? You will soon be able to register to receive a free recipe on how to make raspberry chia jam in only 3 steps. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. Believe me.
Okay, I’ll stop with this gibberish and jump straight to the recipe.
Wait, I forgot to tell you this pancake recipe is not just delicious, it’s also really healthy. It’s oil-free, apple sauce free, nut butter-free, if you use gluten-free oats it can be gluten-free as well. Lots of frees here. But I promise you it’s the best one so far and you can’t even taste the missing frees.
Without further ado, let’s flip some ‘cakes.
Blueberry pancakesCourse: Breakfast, BrunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Beginner
Healthy vegan blueberry pancakes – oil and nut free
150g oat flour* (use gluten free if necessary)
250ml dairy free milk**
1 tbsp lime or lemon juice***
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp maple syrup
a pinch of salt
- FRIED BANANAS
1 tsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Add dairy-free milk and lemon juice in a bowl and set a side to form buttermilk
- In the meantime mix oat flour, cinammon, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract to the buttermilk mixture, mix well before adding to the dry ingredients.
- Combine everything together, add blueberries into the mixture and mix well. The batter should be runny but thick.
- Heat a non stick frying pan (or use any but add a bit of oil in that case)
- Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles start to form on top. Flip the pancake, cook for another minute, place it on a plate and repeat the steps until you finish the batter.
- Fried bananas
- On a medium heat, heat the coconut oil in a frying pan
- Slice the banana equally and place into the pan.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar and fry for a minute or two on each side until slices start caramelising and turn golden.
- *You can make oat flour at home by simply grinding oats in a blender to a fine flour
- **I used soya milk due to its richness but feel free to use any other plant based milk
- ***If you don’t have lemon or lime juice, you can use apple cider vinegar instead
- My toppings are quite sweet but in case you want to eat plain pancakes, add more maple syrup.
- You are allowed to do cartwheels or a plank in between flipping your pancakes