Delicious, healthy, dairy free, nut free, and gluten free blueberry pancakes
Today I’m sharing with you this heavenly recipe for blueberry pancakes.
As a BONUS I’ll share how to make fried bananas as well. Ahh, what a time to be alive.
As much as I love pancakes, I love toppings more. So I decided to spice things up a bit and add fried bananas, raspberry chia jam and obviously some kind of syrup because who likes dry pancakes, right? You will soon be able to register to receive a free recipe on how to make raspberry chia jam in only 3 steps. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. Believe me.
Okay, I’ll stop with this gibberish and jump straight to the recipe.
Wait, I forgot to tell you this pancake recipe is not just delicious, it’s also really healthy. It’s oil-free, apple sauce free, nut butter-free, if you use gluten-free oats it can be gluten-free as well. Lots of frees here. But I promise you it’s the best one so far and you can’t even taste the missing frees.
Without further ado, let’s flip some ‘cakes.
Blueberry pancakesCourse: Breakfast, BrunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Beginner
Healthy vegan blueberry pancakes – oil and nut free
150g oat flour* (use gluten free if necessary)
250ml dairy free milk**
1 tbsp lime or lemon juice***
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp maple syrup
a pinch of salt
- FRIED BANANAS
1 tsp coconut oil
2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Add dairy-free milk and lemon juice in a bowl and set a side to form buttermilk
- In the meantime mix oat flour, cinammon, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl
- Add maple syrup and vanilla extract to the buttermilk mixture, mix well before adding to the dry ingredients.
- Combine everything together, add blueberries into the mixture and mix well. The batter should be runny but thick.
- Heat a non stick frying pan (or use any but add a bit of oil in that case)
- Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and cook until bubbles start to form on top. Flip the pancake, cook for another minute, place it on a plate and repeat the steps until you finish the batter.
- Fried bananas
- On a medium heat, heat the coconut oil in a frying pan
- Slice the banana equally and place into the pan.
- Sprinkle with coconut sugar and fry for a minute or two on each side until slices start caramelising and turn golden.
- *You can make oat flour at home by simply grinding oats in a blender to a fine flour
- **I used soya milk due to its richness but feel free to use any other plant based milk
- ***If you don’t have lemon or lime juice, you can use apple cider vinegar instead
- My toppings are quite sweet but in case you want to eat plain pancakes, add more maple syrup.
- You are allowed to do cartwheels or a plank in between flipping your pancakes
Did you make this recipe? Tag @thymewithtina and use #thymewithtina