This incredibly delicious vegan chocolate oatmeal will instantly give you that cosy, warm wintery feeling that we all love
I don’t know about you but as soon as the temperature starts to drop, cooked breakfasts are my best friends. And oatmeal is usually my go-to. I love scrambled tofu, avo on toast, or a full English breakfast. But unfortunately, I don’t always have enough time to enjoy that.
So this chocolate oatmeal is easy, quick, healthy and packed with antioxidants. Another option is to make an overnight version if you don’t have time in the morning for cooking.
The main ingredients that you need for this recipe are:
- Oats – What would chocolate oatmeal be without oats? 🙂 For this recipe I have used rolled oats. Should you wish to swap oats for any other grain, like millet or quinoa, definitely feel free to. In case of gluten intolerance, gluten-free oats will do.
- Cocoa powder (unsweetened) – it will transform your standard oatmeal and turn it into a treat-like breakfast.
- Dairy-free milk – My personal preference is usually almond or oat milk. A always, whatever your choice is, it will work well.
Chocolate oatmeal recipeCourse: Breakfast
This incredibly delicious vegan chocolate oatmeal will instantly give you that cosy, warm, wintery feeling that we all love
50g-80g of rolled oats (see notes)
1 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
250ml dairy free milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp maple syrup
a sprinkle of salt
- Add all the dry ingredients into a pot and mix well
- Add the rest – dairy free milk and maple syrup
- Cook for about 7 minutes or until your desired consistency.
- Serve with banana slices, frozen or fresh summer fruit, nut butters and shaved dark chocolate
- Enjoy 🙂
- Feel free to use as much grams of oats as you usually have for breakfast. This is just approx.
Let me know in the comments section below what is your favourite oatmeal topping?